Friday, March 14, 2014

Recipe Review: Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin with Mixed Vegetables

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I love cooking recipes out of the Canadian Living magazine. Generally the recipes are really delicious and so I was super excited to try the cover recipe: Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin with Mixed Vegetables. The recipe is a "healthy spin on everyone's favourite Greek culinary staple: souvlaki" (Canadian Living). It only requires 25 minutes of hands-on time and 30 minutes of cook time. I love souvlaki and I needed something that was going to be quick and delicious for when my brother and his fiancĂ©e came over for dinner.

Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin with Mixed Vegetables

Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin With Mixed Vegetables

The recipe overall was really tasty and super simple to make once all of the vegetables were cut up. Everyone in the family thought it was a good recipe that was a definite keeper. I love tzatziki sauce like crazy so I couldn't just serve this with the garlic yogurt sauce that they recommended. Instead I made a tzatziki sauce. Unfortunately it turned out watery- next time I'll probably just stick with the suggested garlic yogurt sauce.

The meat was cooked well, and the veggies were done nicely. The taste was super yummy- nothing was overpowering, but it still had flavor. Usually when I make "healthy" recipes they are tasteless or just "meh", but this one was definitely worth the effort! There were tons of veggies and it was a really nice mix- zucchini, sweet potato, red onion, and sweet red peppers. This is definitely a recipe that can be fed to the entire family.

I think what I enjoyed most about this recipe was that I didn't have to think about what to pair with the pork tenderloin. There was an automatic side that came with the recipe and it made the entire meal super simple to plan. This recipe is also nice enough that I can serve it to friends when they come over for a dinner party.

Overall, I would give this recipe:
 out of
 


No comments:

Post a Comment