Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recipe Review- Quick Salmon Kedegree

 


My mother has been a long time subscriber to Canadian Living and we often choose recipes that look good to try. The latest issue, March 2014, looked like it had some amazing recipes and so far we have tried two of them- Quick Salmon Kedgeree and Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin with Mixed Vegetables. I'll do a review of the Quick Salmon Kedgeree today and will review the Souvlaki-Style Pork Tenderloin with Mixed Vegetables at a later date.

 
Quick Salmon Kedegree (from Canadian Living)

Quick Salmon Kedgeree
 
I thought this recipe would be so delicious just because it had salmon, eggs and cherry tomatoes. Also, just looking at the picture makes your mouth water! Some members of my family dislike kale immensely and so we substituted spinach for the kale. Other than that we kept the recipe exact. The recipe sounds good, the picture looks great, but overall the entire thing was just okay.
 
I expected the curry to really power through the various flavours, but I guess it was only meant to be a "curry-scent" like the description says- you could barely taste it. The mixture of the cherry tomatoes, the spinach, and the eggs was nice with the salmon. I'm not really sure what can be done in order to make this recipe better, but I definitely think this is one recipe we will not be repeating.
 
Everything was cooked really nicely and only took about 30 minutes so that made this dish a nice one to be able to repeat. The premise was there, it just missed the mark on the flavor.
 
Overall, I would give this recipe:
 out of
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment