Thursday, October 3, 2013

Summerlicious

Summerlicious has to be the best idea yet- you get to go to a restaurant and enjoy a price fixe menu for a reasonable price. Even some of the "nicer, pricier" restaurants participate. I have gone to Summerlicious for 2 summers now and really enjoy each time I go. Often I find it very difficult to choose just one restaurant to go to. This year, because of me still being in school, I wasn't able to go to as many as I wanted to. I only went to one restaurant this year- Byzantium on July 20, 2013.



Menu from Byzantium for Summerlicious 2013


I went to Byzantium with my husband, and as we normally do when we go out, we each got something different so that we could try more then one thing. For the appetizers we got the PEI mussels and the Poutine, for the main we got the Buttermilk Southern Fried Chicken and the Baby back Pork Ribs and for dessert we got the Double chocolate layer Cake and the Key Lime pie. We also got drinks- Berry Bash Martini and a Lemon martini.

The drinks were the first things to come out and were amazing. We had such high expectations for the food after we tasted them... only to be let down quite a bit. The appetizers were ok. The poutine was delicious- my husband ate it so quickly, I only got one mouthful before it has disappeared. The mussels were ok, nothing special. They had taste but it was nothing that was extraordinary. We were even further disappointed with the chicken and the ribs. They were good, don't get me wrong, but when you go out for dinner you expect things to be fantastic, something that you can't make yourself at home. I figured that Byzantium would also fail on their desserts, but I was wrong. Both the chocolate cake and the pie were delicious. Very tasty and not too heavy.

The food at Byzantium was ok, but nothing special. I would definitely go back for drinks and dessert, but would probably get my main else where.



 Berry Bash Martini and Lemon Martini
Drinks
Poutine
 Mussels
 Appetizers
 Buttermilk Fried Chicken
 Ribs
 Mains
Chocolate Cake  
 Key Lime Pie
 Desserts


Byzantium Contact Information
499 Church Street
Toronto, Ontario
M4Y 2C6

416-992-3859

Open daily: Dinner 5:30 pm to 11 pm; Bar: 5:30 pm to 2 am

No comments:

Post a Comment