Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Challenge

My Entry:

Individual Pumpkin Pies with Rum Whipped Cream and
Individual Pecan Tarts




Challenge Recipe

I made the traditional pumpkin pie, but added a twist with Rum whipped cream. The pumpkin pie was so good, all of the little pies I made were eaten up very quickly! The rum whipped cream I made to go with it was devoured super quickly also! The crust was delicious too! I liked having the individual pies instead of one big pie. The small ones allowed people to cut it up into small pieces if they didn't want too much (not that anyone actually did that, but this gave them the option!)

I also make pecan tarts from Fine Cooking's Thanksgiving cookbook. THEY WERE HEAVENLY!!!! Definitely am going to be making these for Christmas! Everyone loved these as much as the pumpkin pies.

Overall, dessert was a big hit for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment